To install the app and then connect your smartphone to your vehicle using InControl Apps follow the steps below:
Installing the app
- Depending on your smartphone open the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Search for Land Rover InControl Apps
- Select Land Rover InControl Apps from the results
- Download, accept and install
- Check installation was successful by looking for the InControl Apps icon on your smartphone. Open the app.
- You will be prompted to follow the Auto Quick Start Guide to complete the set up.
You are now ready to connect your smartphone to your vehicle using InControl Apps.
Connecting your smartphone to your vehicle with InControl Apps
- First, pair and connect your smartphone to the vehicle using Bluetooth (needed for Phone Calls and Audio Streaming).
- Ensure your device is unlocked, cases or screen covers are not closed (some can auto lock the phone when closed).
- Using the USB connection lead that came with your smartphone, connect your phone to the dedicated InControl Apps USB port.
- If you are using an iPhone and InControl Apps is not already running, you will be prompted to open the app. If using an Android phone, you can select 'Always Allow' when prompted, which will forego all future prompts.
- Select InControl Apps from the touchscreen (make sure device is unlocked).
- On the touchscreen you will now be asked to select either:
- View (use apps with no audio) or
- View and listen (use apps with audio e.g. music players and calls).
You will now be able to enjoy your favourite vehicle approved apps through your touch screen.
Important note on imagery & specification. The global shortage of semiconductors is
currently affecting vehicle build specifications, option availability, and build timings. This is a very dynamic situation, and as a result imagery used within thewebsite at present may not fully reflect current specifications for features, options, trim and colour schemes. Please consult your Retailer who will be able to confirm any current restrictions with you in order to allow an informed choice.
Jaguar Land Rover Limited is constantly seeking ways to improve the specification, design and production of its vehicles, parts and accessories and alterations take place continually, and we reserve the right to change without notice. Some features may vary between optional and standard for different model years. The information, specification, engines and colours on this website are based on European specification and may vary from market to market and are subject to change without notice. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment and retailer-fit accessories that may not be available in all markets. Please contact your local retailer for local availability and prices.
The figures provided are as a result of official manufacturer's tests in accordance with EU legislation. A vehicle's actual fuel consumption may differ from that achieved in such tests and these figures are for comparative purposes only.
From 30 September 2019 Spotify will no longer be supporting the InControl Apps access. As the dominant preferred access by customers, it will be available to customers via Smartphone Pack where installed.